We are an EMI school providing a diversified curriculum to cater for the needs of different learners. At the same time, we emphasize that each student acquires a high level of biliterate and trilingual linguistic proficiency, and are capable of mastering thinking skills;
Thus, we align ourselves with the following beliefs about learning:
1. We believe that people are created in the image of God. Thus, every child is precious.
2. We affirm that children enjoy learning.
3. Children are intelligent.
4. Learning should not be confined to the classrooms.
5. Learning is not merely individualistic; knowledge can also be obtained through learning communities.
6. Learning is not one-way but interactive.
7. Learning is a process to construct knowledge.
8. Learning is cognitive and can be activity based.
9. Learning is through the study of objects so as to cultivate independent and critical thinking.
All academic subjects including Music and Visual Arts are taught in English.
S.1 English Language is mainly taught by native English-speaking teachers.
1. The English curriculum is a mix of local syllabus and American Literature, so as to allow smooth transition for students who plan to further their studies overseas.
2. The Music subject consists mainly of string instrumental and vocal training.
3. The third language options are Japanese and French.
4. The daily Reading Time helps students cultivate good and lifelong reading habits.
5. Humanity subjects like World History, Geography and Chinese History are taught in block systems to strengthen students’ basic knowledge and to minimize students’ workload of having to take three subjects at any one time.
Care for Individuality
1. Classes are streamed according to the student’s English ability.
2. If the student’s Putonghua proficiency reaches certain level and the number of students warrants, some Chinese classes will be taught in Putonghua.
3. Mathematics is taught in small groups according to student’s Mathematics ability.
4. Bible classes are streamed according to student’s religious background.
Comprehensive Support Services
1. Implementing a “Form teacher and Assistant Form Teacher” partnership system.
2. Having stationed social workers and student counselor; maintaining close contact with parents via eClass platform, PTA, monthly Parent-Teacher Happy Hour, Parents’ Night and Parents’ Day, Parents Network and Parenting Classes for parents.
3. We care for students’ spirituality formation. School church is founded to provide a spiritual home for students and their family members.
4. Dormitory experience provided for all S.1 intakes and other students who live far away.
The whole campus is connected with a high speed network. All the classrooms are equipped with computing facilities and projectors. There is one standard computer lab, one multi-media iMac Lab, a Campus TV studio, a Digital Star Lab and a multi-functional library with rich multimedia resources.
Integrated Platform for School Administration and Communication
Our school adopts eClass, which is an integrated school administration and learning management platform. eClass is used not only for automating the daily administrative work of the school but also as a platform to enhance communication between the school and the parents. The features of eClass include electronic attendance records, award and punishment records, eCircular, ePayment, eLibrary, iPortfolio, etc. Our school has also introduced Android and iOS Parent App recently to allow parents to check student records and latest school news.
1-to-1 iPad Interactive Lesson
Information technologies are used extensively in all learning activities for real-time interaction and feedback between teachers and students. Each student in the class is provided with an iPad to increase learning efficiency. Parents can also check their children learning progress through the learning management platform.
EDB Pilot Scheme on eLearning
Our school has obtained funding from the EDB to launch a 3-year Pilot Scheme on eLearning, and the achievements have been significant. Our teachers are encouraged to share their experiences with both local teachers and those from the mainland, Macau, Taiwan and Malaysia.