Life Planning Education
Life planning work at UCCKE is devoted to helping students understand themselves and explore various study opportunities and the working world, so that they can make an informed decision about their future study and career, contributing to the society through utilizing their God-given talents in workplace.
A. Our aims
- To develop students’ self-understanding in relation to their planning for further study and career
- To enhance students’ understanding of various further study and career opportunities
- To enhance students’ understanding of the career world and nurture a positive attitude towards professionalism
- To help students devise proper learning strategies through discovering their aspiration
- To equip students with the skills, competencies and strategies necessary for achieving their study or career goals
- To facilitate parent-child communication regarding further study and career
B. Our approach and focus
A holistic and whole-school approach is adopted for the Life Planning Education at UCCKE. Different learning opportunities and services ranging from mass programs to individualized guidance and support are provided according to students’ developmental needs, fostering students’ self-understanding, personal planning, goal setting, reflective habits of mind and articulation to progression pathways.
C. Our connections and partners
‘It takes the whole village to raise a child.’ (African proverb)
Comprehensive Life Planning Education can never be offered at, or by the school alone. Different parties must be enlisted and brought together to enrich students’ exposure and experience. With strong networking with alumni, parents, business sector, universities and NGOs, activities like admissions talks, consultation sessions, taster lectures, company visits, job shadowing and career talk are held to enable students to find their aspiration and build a positive work ethic. Contributions made by various stakeholders have played an indispensable role in enriching the Life Planning Education at UCCKE and empowering our students to realize their academic and career aspiration.