Please take a moment to read the following Personal Information Collection Statement.
- From time to time it is necessary for students (or their parents/guardians) and staff members to supply the United Christian College (Kowloon East) (“UCCKE”), with certain personal data for school administrative, academic, pastoral purposes and alumni activities.
- Personal data of staff members, students and their parents/guardians will be handled by relevant UCCKE staff members and will be kept confidential.
- Staff members’ experience and/or teaching qualifications may be made available to relevant UCCKE stakeholders at the discretion of the school’s Principal or Department Head. (For example, on school web sites [including but not limited to social media sites] or announcements of appointments in newsletters or emails.
- UCCKE may also disclose some of the data to third parties such as agencies (including the Hong Kong government), service providers and contractors (whether within or outside Hong Kong) appointed by UCCKE to undertake some of its academic, pastoral and administrative and alumni functions.
- UCCKE may use personal data (such as name and contact details) to send communications that are relevant to parents and students, including but not limited to newsletters, programmes, courses, seminars, lectures, conferences, events and extra-curricular activities and clubs of UCCKE or selected third party service providers. UCCKE will provide an opportunity for data subjects to opt-in to receiving materials which may have a direct marketing component.
- Apart from the parties listed above, UCCKE will not disclose any personal data to any external bodies or organisations unless:
- such disclosure is expressly provided for under this Statement;
- permitted to do so by the student or his/her parent/guardian; and/or
- permitted or required by law.
- Personal data may be stored in the UCCKE database systems and online portals and any such personal data provided will form part of the staff member or the student’s official records (as relevant) at UCCKE.
- UCCKE may place staff members’ and student’s photos, name or school work, activities and accomplishments in UCCKE publications, websites (including but not limited to social media sites) used by UCCKE for organizational purposes.
- Failure to provide the data requested may result in UCCKE being unable to proceed with the purpose for which such data was requested.
- Data subjects may submit a signed, written request to the Principal to access or to correct personal data held by UCCKE. UCCKE shall levy a charge for accessing the information.
Please refer to the UCCKE Personal Data Handling Policy, which is available upon request, for more information.